Best Budget Drones Under $300
Do you know that you can get a drone under $300? Finding the best drone under $300 is possible! Yeah, time has really changed and the drones that were the fantasy of many people are now made available to the people with small budgets, I have been asked many times about best budget drones that doesn’t cost a hefty amount of money. We will be discussing the best performance camera drones under $300 USD.
A couple of years ago you could hardly get a drone under $500 of the budget, and only entry-level drones were available in the market. It was almost impossible to think about owning a camera drone that can fit the budget, commercial drones industry is relatively new and you may expect to see the huge rise in purchase of drone every year. Within past few years, drones usage has transformed into a social and cultural phenomenon, it’s not confined to professional filmmakers only.
Camera drone market can be categorized into 3 broad categories: professionals, serious hobbyist and newbie. The range of drones that we are going to discuss is neither for totally a newbie nor for serious hobbyists. These drones are value for money drones, capable taking some serious high definition pictures and they have moderate flight endurance as well.
It’s a good Idea to own a budget drone under $300:
- If you are a hobbyist and just want to satisfy your craving for owning a drone then you should opt for a best budget drones.
- If your only requirement is to shoot aerial pictures of your friends and family then you can go for a reasonable drone.
- If you want to shoot moderate quality aerial selfie then the cheap drone is a nice buy.
- If you want to make yourself aware of “how to fly a drone” before making an investment of big professional drone.
- If you are not expecting to take dramatic footage for your next movie.
It’s not a good idea to buy a cheap drone under $300:
- If you are looking for a drone to shoot professional videos for your Blog or Vlog then you should plan for slightly higher budget.
- If you are expecting to have at least 20-minutes of flight time then cheap drones are not suitable for you.
- If you are looking for good flight altitude and reasonable drone range then you might have a problem with cheap drones.
Let's discuss about the best Budget drone under $300
Before we start our exploration of best drones under $300, you need to understand “you get what you paid for” and the quality of drone will be depending on the amount you are planning to invest. If you want to have a look at the all time best drones of 2020 then you can check our detailed article (it contains droned ranging from $400USD to $4000USD).
This article isn’t about the comparison between the range of products, instead, we tried to list the best drones with different utilities around the budget of $300.
- ✈USER-FRIENDLY✈ SNAPTAIN S5C drone is user-friendly. Simply press one button, it will take off, land or return to your...
- ✈FARTHER & CLEARER✈ The SNAPTAIN S5C provides video transmission within a range of up to 80m. Edit and upload instantly your...
- ✈POWERFUL & SAFE✈ Protective Propeller Guards to ensure a safe flight. High quality ABS material to free your worries of a...
- Phone direct control with transmission or transmitter control with smart phone. Apple iOS/ Android phones Compatible
- 360 degree flips & rolls. One key 3D rolling special effects. Flip in 4-ways flip(left, right, forward, backward). Continuous roll...
- Headless security mode. When eyes can't identify the orientation of the drone, The headless mode can help to control easier and...
- 4K UHD Camera with Image Stabilization: The optimized full HD Camera built with Shock Absorption holder ensures shooting 3840 x...
- GPS Assisted Intelligent Flight: Never lose the drone. It returns automatically whenever battery is low, signal is lost or you...
- Configuration Upgrade: The intelligent battery works for 26 Mins for each charge; the long-life Brushless Motors have lower power...
- Built for Adventure: The specially designed backpack can carry everything for HS120D, allows you to take this drone anywhere,...
- 1080p HD 120° FOV Adjustable FPV Camera: Capture high definition footage and directly save to the SD card or smartphone; Gesture...
- Smarter Return Home: GPS assisted flight, it can perform automatically return home when the drone lost signal, out of range or low...
- 【Foldable and Easy to Carry】Foldable & flexible blades make the drone small and portable,let you travel light,enjoy the flight...
- 【HD pictures & Videos and FPV Function】120°Wide-angle 720P HD Camera including adjustable angle, which captures high-quality...
- 【Intelligent Voice Control Drone】Control your drone hands-free with simple voice commands like “take off", "landing",...
- Seller ds-i is the authorized one! ! ! convenient and easy: with a aluminum silver carry case, you could bring it outdoor...
- Wider vision & fluent transmission: 1080P HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos...
- Safer & more stable flight: equipped with dual gps+9-axis gyro space, drone will stand still in the wind and automatic return home...
- HD Camera FPV Real-time Transmission: The super mini drone equipped with 1080P front camera and bottom camera can take aerial...
- Optical Altitude Hold One Key Take Off Landing : On altitude hold mode, you can accurately lock the height and location, stable...
- 3D Flip One Key Return : The A300 drone includes the new 3D rolling special effects and can be quite the surprise! One-key return...
- Headless security system enables players of any level to fly the drone easily
- 2. 4GHz technology adopted for anti-interference
- More stable and flexible with 6-axis gyro stabilization system
- Phone direct control with transmission OR transmitter contorl with Smart phone. Apple IOS / Android phones compatible.
- Altitude Hold. You can release the throttle stick and the drone will keep the current height. One key take off and landing, super...
- Headless Security Mode. The pilot can fly the drone to any location without worrying about which diretion the drone is facing....
- ?? 1 KEY TAKE OFF ?? ---This mini drone is really easy to control,even kids and beginners can expertly master it within 10...
- ?? 2 BATTERIES ?? ---You will get 2 powerful modular batteries which enable total flight time longer than 20 mins.You can also...
- ?? 3D FLIPS AND ROLLS?? ---This elf is indeed flexible,with one button,it can perform a sudden flip in 360¡ã toward different...
Last update on 2020-01-21 at 08:10 / Contains Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Drones Under ~$300
- DJI Spark, Mini Drone
- Parrot Bebop 2
- DronesGlobe MJX Bugs 2w
- Holy Stone Drone HS100
- Yuneec Breeze
1. DJI Spark, Mini Drone
If there is one thing DJI is good at, its stuffing tons of premium features in a compact size, if you are looking for a drone to satisfy your aerial hobby but capable of fulfilling your all expectations with the drone then this is the only drone for you. DJI has proved to be a pioneer in building commercial drones for different purposes and they are specialized in delivering reliable and quality products.
Performance review of this Drone:
Although its size is quite small, DJI spark contains powerful propellers which are capable of withstanding high altitude aerial winds. Its design is quite compact and very aerodynamic which definitely helps in very stable video recording. DJI sparks feature FaceAware feature that enables the drone to take off just by recognizing your face. Furthermore, you can easily use the DJI Spark for about 15 minutes. Also, you can fly it at 500 meters. Although it is not as advanced as the DJI Phantom, the DJI Spark is still one of the most advanced drones under 300 dollars. It offers an amazing user experience and we highly recommend it as a beginners first drone under $300.
Active track technology allows the drone to track an object and follow it, and it is also capable of performing preset maneuvers that can be proven very helpful in recording some professional footages. Integrated GPS works quite efficiently and allows the drone to recognize the location which helps in incredible hovering capabilities.
It’s unusual to see the gimbal in the budget drones but DJI spark is loaded with 2-axis Gimbal which helps in shooting some incredibly stable footages. Spark’s camera features a 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor, allowing you to shoot stabilized video at 1080p and stills at 12 MP. It is the best drone you can own in $300 USD budget. The return home functionality is great and makes your flights very safe! With the return home function you can avoid unfortunate circumstances such as loosing your DJI drone! You have to keep in mind that the DJI Spark does not come with extra batteries or a carrying case.
2. Parrot Bebop 2
Parrot is one of the most trusted drone brands in commercial drone market and people from all over the world has appreciated its performance and reliability. Earlier parrot had a specialization in creating cheaper beginner and indoor drones only but with the introduction of Bebop 2 they stepped into a higher segment of drone making and indeed they satisfied the aerial
Performance Review – one of the best drones under $300:
You can also call it best drone under $300 USD. The first thing that came into my mind after looking at this quadcopter is its compact design and very lightweight, but instead of being lightweight, winds were not able to blow it away all thanks to its powerful propellers and quality brushless motors.
Camera quality was quite good with 14 mgpx inbuilt camera; the only thing that could affect the image quality was the absence of stabilizer but the inbuilt digital stabilization made it easier to deliver smooth footages. Battery life is quite good with the price range; it offers 25min of battery endurance that is quite impressive. Bebop2 is fast, you can fly it at the speed of 35mph, it is dependable and very stable make you feel comfortable.
3. DronesGlobe MJX Bugs 2w
Another pocket-friendly drone that is very close to my heart, it has everything that you can expect of the drone from low price range. MJX bugs 2w has earned its reputation through reliable performance, this is the newest generation drone that is offering more efficient flight time and stable flight.
Performance Review – A great drone under $300:
The drone has a built-in camera that is capable of delivering high definition video footages and contains 6 axis gyroscopes to provide additional stability. It came with a remote controller within the package and let me tell you one thing, it’s easier to control a drone through joystick instead Smartphone app. Most of the drones in this budget are not coming with a complementary controller.
Battery life has been quite impressive with 18 minutes of flight endurance and you will get additional set of batteries for double flight duration. Because of the inbuilt safety feature, you are not required to worry about your drone going out of range because it will get back to the starting position automatically if it loses the connection for 6 seconds. Integrated headless mode proves very efficient for the beginners who generally have a hard time to fly a drone efficiently.
4. Holy Stone Drone HS100
Another best drone under $300. Holy stone has a reputation for manufacturing reliable but budget-friendly drones that can fulfill the need of any hobbyist. With the HS100 holy stone tried to penetrate into mid-range drone market, earlier they were producing only ultra-cheap drones for beginners.
You might be stunned to know that holy stone is one of the biggest drone sellers on Amazon.com and you can check the ratings by clicking on the Amazon link provided.
Sturdy body and powerful brushless motors allow the drone to deal with outdoor wind resistance quite easily. Holy stone has definitely tried to give everything they have with this model and indeed it became quite successful as well. The range of the camera drone is quite enough and you generally don’t expect a budget drone to fly too far from you. The battery has definitely proven its efficiency with the flight duration of 15 minutes.
Holy stone has provided many inbuilt features to make your flight experience easy, with the integrated flight modes like Headless Mode, Altitude Hold and One Key Takeoff and Landing. HS100 is also loaded with LED light to make you capable of recording at night time.
Yuneec is a well-known name in camera drones industry and they have produced some of the most incredible and very hi-end drones for the professionals, but the Yuneec breeze was produced to satisfy the need of newbie hobbyists.
Yuneec Breeze is loaded with ultra-high definition camera that is able to produce 4 K video footages which are extraordinary for the drone of its range, if your priority is to have good quality images then you can surely choose to buy Yuneec Breeze.
Breeze is controlled by your smartphone that makes it very handy to use, and it some with 5 automated flight modes, which includes: Selfie, Pilot, Orbit, Follow Me, and Journey. Yuneec Breeze also features auto return and landing feature that makes it more compatible with beginners.
Buying a medium range drone is always going to be the best decision for any beginner, you might choose to buy a drone for $100 but that will become irrelevant once you learn to fly, cheap drones are not efficient in delivering longer flight endurance and they are unable to withstand strong winds.
Hobby drones around the range of $300 will proven to be worth every penny, you will be able to have high definition picture quality, camera stabilization and longer flight time.
- 0.1 It’s a good Idea to own a budget drone under $300:
- 0.2 It’s not a good idea to buy a cheap drone under $300:
- 1 Let's discuss about the best Budget drone under $300
- 2 Best Drones Under ~$300
- 3 1. DJI Spark, Mini Drone
- 4 Specs
- 5 2. Parrot Bebop 2
- 6 Specs
- 7 3. DronesGlobe MJX Bugs 2w
- 8 Specs
- 9 4. Holy Stone Drone HS100
- 10 Specs
- 11 5.Yuneec Breeze
- 12 Specs
- 13 Conclusion